babies

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

and happy first day of summer (officially)!!

The year is moving along so quickly.  So many things just keep happening, and every once in a while in the middle of doing something, I'll look up and think "is the year really halfway over?!"

I'm so excited for all of the new families and additions that have been arriving in the last few months.  :)

Emilia and Jack are both almost 3 months old, and sweet little Emory is a little over a week old and doing great!  
It's a funny feeling-- to love someone so small... it's a little bittersweet for me. I never really thought I'd be close to so many people who have children, but now that I am, I'm so unbelievably thankful, because they're all such a blessing in my life. 

The best part is watching my friends, who are already amazing people to begin with, turn into such wonderful moms and dads.  From the day Jaxon came home, to visiting Elise and Emory in the hospital, to tonight-- watching Emilia laugh at Jason... I've loved watching my friends love their children.

Witnessing all of their love and getting to be a part of their lives has meant so much to me, it gives me  refreshing feeling of hope about things I've been haunted by... and it's helped me grow as a person, so much.

Thank you for letting me be there, and for letting me hold them.  Thank you for being in my life and for the hope that you've given me, the love that you shown me, without ever knowing.




 

  


1 comments:

Jaime G. June 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

thank you for loving jax. (and me and jon too)i love you!