Lost River

>> Saturday, July 26, 2008


Jillian and Jaime, this is for you.

Since I've been gone I've been reading both of your blogs pretty regularly,
to make sure that your lives are still beautiful and wonderful, through all of the trials.

It probably sounds silly, but I'm still intimidated by the phone.
I don't know why but it's always been hard for me to pick up the phone and tell people that I love them, that I miss them, or that I just need to hear them, because 320 miles makes hugging a little bit hard.

And for that I'm terribly sorry. I've been trying to call more often, and I'll continue to try.

So, I decided that maybe blogging would be a good idea, and that it would give you both, and whoever else that wants to, the chance to check on me.

Now. Where to begin...



There's an incredible little place down here called Lost River.
It's a cave system as well as a state protected park and wildlife sanctuary, and it has become dear to me.

Today was one of my first days off in about a month and I went down there today to spend some time listening to the river and the trees, and spending some desperately needed time with God.

So many things have been crazy and overwhelming lately, and I've felt like a compass without a true north...

I know everyone finds themselves here, from time to time
with the whole world spinning, just trying to find the sky.



I miss you, and I hope you know that You've never left my heart, not for one moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

i love you my danielle. (i don't like the phone so it works out well) you are always in my heart and on my mind. just know that. always.

Jillian July 31, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

I'm so happy! I love that you have this, because you are a writer!
We are all three alike.
I would much rather write out a letter, or in this case: a blog then call someone on the phone.
We are all kindred spirits...not to sound too cheesy. haha. love.