hope

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime,
Therefore, we are saved by hope.
Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;
Therefore, we are saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone.
Therefore, we are saved by love.
No virtuous act is quite a virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own;
Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness.

-Reinhold Niebuhr


I've loved this quote since I found it in high school.
Through different stages in my life it has helped me, and reminded me.

Days like today seem impossible, and they make you question so much.
I spent most of the day crunching numbers, because it's my job. I spend 40 hours a week in a windowless building, with gray walls, gray carpet, and dull florescent lights. I listen to phones ring off the hook, the women whisper about each other, and all the while there is a steady hum coming from the hundreds of keyboards.
And I wish for the sun.

Danny has a bird nest in his vent. He and I are the only ones who have noticed it.
And since he has been gone (he had surgery) his door has been shut,
and I've missed the birds.



November can't come soon enough.

Today I got to talk to three of my best friends
And it brought so much light and warmth to my day.

We're all so lucky to have each other
to be so young and so surrounded by so much love.

I hope you feel the sun today,
and I hope hear the birds.

1 comments:

Jillian August 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

hello my arabian night bird!

I miss you. I miss our thoughts like these, the nights when we would laugh and cry and drive all over the place.

on a different note: why in the world do they make places like that so dull and terrible? Don't they know people are more productive in a pleasant setting? Yes probably more prone to distraction but much happier overall. I think I should start a new show call "Office Makeover" and put natural light, beautiful colors, plants and wonderful things in offices to make them more fun...that show will come right after my first show "Operation Make Hospitals less like Death" becomes number one.

I'm a goober. You can say it.