rain drops are falling on my head...*

>> Monday, February 9, 2009

but today is a good day!

the palm of my right hand is currently 3 times the size of the palm of my left hand...
last night I broke my only pair of glasses
and I've got blisters on both of my feet

BUT

God is amazing, and he put me right where I needed to be.
I have two jobs that I love, with managers that I will do anything and everything for, and on top of being on a very good career path, I've finally had the oppertunity to explore a lifelong dream (even if it's silly and small).
The optical shop has been one of the best job experiences I've ever had. Aside from the fact that it can be really slow sometimes, the skills that I'm learning and improving on are gong to go with me for the rest of my life. Debby is the best. Seriously. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's been a great lifeline, and she is one of the most giving people I've met. I love her already and I hope by the end of this experience I can let her know how much I appreciate her and all of the heart that she pours into everything.
Mary and Melissa, my managers at the flower shop are also wonderful. Mary has breast cancer and is currently undergoing radiation treatment and STILL comes to work everyday. Melissa is only a little older than me and she has two kids, one of which has autism and has special needs that require very dedicated, involved parents. I respect them both so much for the things they deal with everyday, on top of running a flower shop.

It's a very humbling thing, to know that at 22 I have everything I always quietly wished for and never thought I'd have. I have an incredibley sweet, supportive husband (who bought me the prettiest gifts for valentines- I'll blog about that in a couple a days) a growing relationship with God, a good relationship with my dad, a blossoming relationship with my little sister, friends that God brought into my life at the very best and most important times, and I finally work at a flower shop...

Is it weird that those things are all I've ever wanted? Is it too simple?

I hope not.

I know that this is only the beginning and that things will shift and change and grow as time goes on, but I'm enjoying celebrating a simple life with the people I love and the people I spend my days with.

It's easier to smile when you wake up knowing that when you get to work coffee, flowers, and smiles are waiting for you.

2 comments:

Jillian February 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I'm so glad!
I knew things would work themselves out once you got back home :)
And you're this much closer to owning your own flower shop someday!

Pam February 10, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Yeah for you girl... amazing how God works things out.. I am glad your happy :)