happy birthday jaxon!

>> Monday, January 5, 2009

Jaime, this is for you to read to your sweet little man!


Dear Jax,

Today is your second birthday, and in honor of this special occasion I thought I'd write a blog just for you. Even though you've only been in our lives for two years, you've made a colossal impact on so many peoples lives. With your bright smile and loud laugh you have completely captured all of our hearts, and you have been instrumental in teaching many people about adoption, trust, and most importantly-- God's love.
I hope you know that is no small feat. I especially want you to know how important you are you me, and how much you've changed my life. I worked with your mom two years ago, when her and your dad were waiting patiently for God to bring you into all our lives. Your mom and dad had been preparing and praying for a long time before that, but they only found out about you a little while before you were born. During that time, I got the chance to know your parents better, your mom in particular, and she was the very first person to talk to me in depth about adoption. I never really understood how hard it was, and how long the process can take... it takes so much trust and patience and hope. It gave me a whole new respect and admiration for families who adopt and provide foster care.
That is when I started praying. To be honest, I hadn't prayed for much outside of my own life and heart before then, but I was so in love with your parent's dream and so touched by how hard they worked and how much they endured that just the thought of you lit a fire in my heart. You were loved, immeasurably, before you ever took your first breath. I prayed for you, your birth mother, and your mom and dad everyday. I remember shortly after you were born, and the e-mail your mom sent out. I was so excited to finally see a picture of you, and I kept praying, because I knew that your parents still had so much to go through in order to bring you home. Your mom and dad are some of the bravest people I've known. They'll never admit it, but they truly are. They were prepared to do anything they had to for you, and they did.
The very first time I got to hold you was when you were a little over a month old-- maybe two, in the bank where your mom and I worked. You were a teeny little thing back then-- I don't think I'd held a baby that new before you. I could feel your little heart beating through all of your warm blankets, and you completely broke my heart in all of the best ways. You were the first miracle I'd ever experienced, the first dream I'd ever witnessed, come true.
I've loved getting to know you, and watching you grow into such a sweet, smart little boy. You really are a miracle. You beat immense odds time after time and came out smiling. I still pray for you, and your mom and dad everyday. I carry you in my wallet, and for the rest of my life I'll carry the lessons that God taught me through you, in my heart.

Happy birthday, Jax. I love you.

1 comments:

Jaime G. January 5, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

turd! you made me cry... at work!

i'll be sure to read this to him... and i'm going to print it out and save it for him.
i love you... we love you.