I wake every morning

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009

to the sound of jack hammers, breaking glass, drills, and debris of every kind falling into a giant metal bin two stories down and about 15 feet away from our bedroom window.
they're renovating the building next door to us and slowly but surely turning it into a "condo".
We were warned about the construction before we moved in, but as with most situations we completely underestimated the length and severity of time and volume that it takes to actually undertake such an operation.

However, they did finally re-open our parking lot. After taking three weeks longer than they anticipated, we no longer have giant cracks or potholes in our driveway and parking lot which is wonderful because I'm not a fan of parallel parking on a pretty busy street.

Things are always changing. Our building, the highways, the people in our lives...
In one short month I went to the funeral of a high school friend, laughed so hard I cried, and cried until I laughed, celebrated our one year wedding anniversary, spent time with people that I haven't seen in nearly 5 years, spent hours with the best of friends, congratulated dear friends on their growing family, celebrated christmas, congratulated friends on getting engaged, and have been praying for the safety of a friend who was deployed and his family who I love.

2008 ended in a frenzy, and it's been a little hard to keep my head above water through everything. Honestly, it's been really hard. Especially since the two people that know me the best can't always be around...

But, the very best things come out of change, and the blessings just keep coming. There will be a lot to celebrate this year, and I'm so happy to be home and to be a part of everything.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and it is by far one of my favorite days... I hope we finally get to have our girls night, and that everyone is feeling better.

Here's to a New Year, and all the hope it promises.

2 comments:

Jaime G. January 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

ugh.... noise. not my favorite thing.
sorry your year isn't off to teh best start. or maybe it was the end of the eyar was just so rough that it's carried over.
love you. you're strong, you'll get throguh it all with flying colors.

SummerFreckles January 4, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

I happen to know, I am your favorite person. facts are facts sister!!