for you I'd wait... til kingdom come...

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I spent the weekend pouring over old pictures and emails.
It warmed my heart in a way that I have missed recently.

I came across an email that my aunt sent me right after we got engaged.
She's my godmother, and one of the most incredible people I've ever met.
She has been an unwavering symbol of kindness and love throughout my life.

And this is how our conversation went...

"How did you fall in love? What do you love about him?"

And so, I told her...

"There's a song by The Weepies, called "Somebody Loved"

::Rain turns the sand into mud
Wind turns the trees into bone
Stars turning high up above
You turn me into somebody loved

Nights when the heat had gone out
We danced together alone
Cold turned our breath into clouds
We never said what we were dreaming of
But you turned me into somebody loved::


And that was us.
As the autumn came and the wind grew colder our hearts found each other.
I've never been more honest with anyone than I was with him all those nights.
He's the one person that I don't want to shut out.
He is sweet in a way that I have never known.
He makes me laugh like no one else ever has.
I already know him by heart. Every freckle, every line in his face, his slow and steady heart.

He loves me with a depth and sincerity that I've never questioned.
He's kind, and quiet, and he has a serving heart.
He has a immense love for God, and for every person on this Earth.

And he's always there, always.
So that I know I'm never alone.

He's the color in my life.
He's the blue part of my sky... the part I've always longed to hold."


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And he still is.

I can't tell you how blessed I've been, because in moments like this... words simply lose their meaning.

This is one of the pictures I sent her, it was from the week earlier, when he proposed. We went ice skating, carved pumpkins, we fed ducks at our favorite pond and he took me to our favorite restaurant. We got coffee at starbucks, and he kissed me under the stars in front of our statue... the same way he did the night of our first kiss.

He still makes me laugh until my stomach hurts.
He tells me everyday that I'm beautiful, and that he loves me.
He protects me in a way that I thought I never needed,
But that now, I wouldn't want to live without.
And he has been immeasurably strong.

There have been people in our lives that have been more than awful, worse than cruel, and beyond unfair. But through all of it, he has protected me, defended our love, and has proven himself to be a good man; even when it was the hardest thing in the world to do.


He's the loved I prayed for, every night when I was young.
He's the love I never saw, but hoped for, everyday of my life.

His is the hand I was meant to hold...
and I get to. Everyday for the rest of our lives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, Jordan gave me my new wedding ring. It's absolutely perfect.

3 comments:

Emily Rose Massey September 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

You have no idea how much I love hearing about your relationship with Jordan. I too have longed for that kind of love since I was young and although I would like to say I love being a strong,single,independent woman, I cannot escape that longing still. Life means nothing without love. It doesn't matter how much I dive into my career because that will never matter in the big picture in the end. I truly believe God places people in our lives with experiences that we long for not for jealousy but for inspiration and hope. Thank you for showing me some of that. :) I definitely need it after the ugly relationships I have struggled with in recent years. Some all too recent and sometimes continue to plague my life even when I have moved far away from needing that ugliness in my heart. So bless your marriage and may you two have many more wonderful experiences together!

SummerFreckles September 24, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

I threw up a little bit in my mouth while reading this...

you know how I get...

It's funny that we both found the same thing. we are always in the same place aren't we?

Your ring is Beautiful. I like it better than the old one.

I am drinking pink milk

Jillian September 24, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

GASP! Your new wedding ring is amazing!
I think your old one was beautiful as well, but this one has some incredible intricacies, and it's beautiful.

I knew that you and Jordan would get married.
I could tell from the stars in your eyes.
Even when you would say, "I don't know..." in that way, :) . But you knew it too. I'm so proud of you guys for being strong and for knowing that your love is so much bigger than what others think of it. Only you can define it.

I can't wait to see you!