Stand UP

>> Saturday, September 6, 2008

Progress on the list:

#3. Make a sincere effort to completely forgive two people in my life who have hurt me
I've been praying about this a lot. With Grace, everyday I have found more of a reason to let go of the things that I've held onto about these two people. I have also now gone out of my way on more than one occasion to be kind and warm to them instead of being cold and calloused.

#6. Go on at least 2 more caving tours (1/2)
We had the BEST time last weekend when Jordan and I went to Mammouth Cave (the longest cave system IN THE WORLD) and took a tour called "The Violet City Lantern Tour"! You would not believe how incredible it was! It was a three hour long, three mile long tour, and it is one of two tours the state park provides which has absolutely NO artificial lighting!!! There is just you, your little hand held lantern, and the cave... that's it! And it was just breathtaking.

#22. Call at least two friends a week, instead of just messaging/ facebook-ing
I have actually called three friends this week! I only got to talk to two of them, and it wasn't for very long, but I did it!

#52. Pay off Jordan's car, completely.
We are getting closer and closer to owning his car. After we move back we're hoping to take whatever extra money we have each month and pay more of it off each time we make a payment.

#59. Take vitamins daily
Jordan and I decided to do this together and now we both take a multi vitamin and a vitamin d supplement everyday. Cancer runs very heavily in both sides of our family and we are going to do everything we can to prevent it.

#63. Eat a good breakfast every morning
I eat at least two servings of whole grains every morning


#81. Make Jordan an amazing gift for our one year wedding anniversary
I'm working on a really cool gift for Jordan. If you'd like to know about it ask, but I can't post it on here just in case Jordan reads it.

#85. Run it the St. Patrick's Day Marathon in St. Louis
We both registered to run in it this morning! We're also going to begin training a little bit (it's only a 5K) so it shouldn't be too terrible.

#97. Donate money to a three good causes (1/3)
Last night we donated money to Stand Up To Cancer (and you can too: www.su2c.org)


0 comments: